Mixing and mastering are both very important components of the audio recording and production process. In a nutshell, mixing is the process of combining the different audio tracks together. Mastering entails polishing the mixed audio. Let’s take a look at some of the most important steps in both of these processes.
- Labeling tracks.
- Organising tracks into similar groups.
- Normalising tracks at similar volume levels.
- Get rid of unwanted frequencies with high and low pass filters.
- Adding Effects.
- Slight adjustments are made to the EQ, compression, limiting, and stereo enhancement .
- If the project is a music album, all of the songs are brought to similar levels to create one cohesive product.
- Spacing and fades are added to the beginning and endings of songs.
- Tracks/Songs are labeled and put in the desired order.
- Tracks/Songs are encoded with IRSC.